Project Application Engineer
£25K - £37K + Package
A global organisation specialising in the power generation industry has an exciting opportunity for the right person to join their Process Automation Business Unit as a Project Application Engineer. You will be expected to provide a sound technical solution in line with project requirements whilst ensure the Project Manager/ Engineering Team Leader are kept informed of progress and issues in a timely fashion.
- Compliance with relevant quality assurance, Health Safety and Environmental standards and policies. and mentor junior engineers in the adoption of these standards.
- Compliance with applicable Cybersecurity requirements and policies and mentor junior engineers in the adoption of these standards.
- Compliance with applicable project delivery process and procedures forming part of the quality management system.
- Ability to take responsibility for the technical delivery of smaller technical applications unsupervised.
- Ability to understand the structure and operation of complex engineering hardware and software systems. Apply theoretical knowledge to achieve specified system requirements under supervision.
- Design and specification of hardware/software/electrical/electronic and system requirements, including preparation of drawings/documentation.
- Ability to perform software configuration and programming
- Liaison with other business areas required to support the engineering team in its delivery function.
- Provide engineering support to assist other business areas achieve their goals.
- Participation in structured testing of systems both internal and with Client/Third parties
- Installation and commissioning of hardware and software systems and supervision of installation by others.
- Preparation and presentation of training courses.
- Preparation of system documentation, including functional specifications, test documents and system support manuals.
- Take responsibility for the mentoring of junior engineers to develop their professional skills and to deliver technical solutions as described above.
- Provide and deliver technical solutions to time, quality, and budget. This will be done under supervision for larger technical applications and unsupervised for smaller technical applications.
- Identify project risks and opportunities.
- Take the lead role in the provision of small technical solutions in line with project requirements to time, quality, and budget.
- Ensure the Project Manager/Engineering Team Leader are kept informed of progress and issues.
- Under supervision, support the bid team in the production of quotations providing input for execution planning and delivery estimates.
- Experience in SCADA (Aveva/Wonderware), telemetry, computer networking, software engineering, low voltage electrical design, digital communications, industrial control systems including PLCs (Modicon) Safety Systems (Triconex) and DCS (Foxboro), systems testing and Cloud Computing.
- Competent in the use and configuration of common operating systems and standard office software packages.
- Ability to work in a project environment, working under the direction of the Engineering Team Leader for technical solution delivery. In addition, work with and mentor others in a team to meet the defined cost, quality, and time goals as governed by the Project Manager.
- Ability to work in a home (remote), office or site industrial environment.
- Ability to work on-site in the UK and overseas, sometimes for extended periods.
- Proven track record in mentoring subordinate engineers
- Qualified to a recognised Qualification in engineering discipline i.e. HNC/HND/Degree.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to find out more or be considered for this role, please contact Rob Massey at Vantage Consulting on 01785 875239 or email