3 days ago
Oxford 35K - 35K Permanent
Job Reference: BBBH44100_1626941364
Role: Field Service Engineer
Location: Oxford, Peterborough, Cambridge
The Field based Machine Control Installation and Support Engineer would report directly to the Machine Control Installation, Calibration and Support Team Leader and would be responsible for providing customer support through the performance of on-site Machine Control installations, diagnosis, troubleshooting, service, and repair of on machine systems.
The successful candidate would be responsible for the installation and calibration of Guidance systems and Telematics hardware on OEM, OEM Dealers and customers construction equipment.
The successful Field Service Engineer will be responsible for the following:
· Installation - Primary resource in providing on machine installation, on equipment across all OEMs, OEM Dealers and Customers.
· Service - Primary resource in providing on maintenance, trouble shooting and support on equipment across all OEMs, OEM Dealers and Customers.
· Calibration - Resource in Calibration/re-calibration of machine control equipment as part of the installation, rental or support of equipment in the field.
· Operations - Support the Machine Control Installation, Calibration and Support Team Leader to effectively delver customer requirements with installations and planning of operations (installation/calibration/workshop diaries.
· Operations - Ensures the operational quality of the system by documenting post-installation testing for record keep.
· Training & Development - Provides basic-level operator training to end-users where necessary
· Operational Support - Provides support regarding teams, stocks, vehicles, improvement and training is provided when requested by the Service & Operations Manager.
The successful Field Service Engineer will have the following:
· College or vocational qualification in Mechanical, Hydraulics or Electronic or similar engineering
· Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot hydraulic and electrical issues on heavy equipment machines
· Familiarity with construction site operations using heavy equipment machine control systems is desired
· Understanding of field based installation, calibration and service support
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with your most up to date CV or contact Tom at Vantage Consulting.