Project Engineer - Water Sector
£40 per hour max
I have a long term contract opportunity available for a Project Engineer based in Scotland to work on the Scottish Water Framework.
You will essentially be acting as the supervisor of a number of specialist system integrator subcontractors, responsible for successful co-ordination and verification of design and implementation as per project requirements.
- To ensure the project scope is adequately defined and optimal strategy selected for migration to minimise risk to customer process.
- Support projects that are concerned with replacement of obsolete C&I systems / equipment or development of new systems, in particular control / PLC systems.
- Undertake a technical review of proposals and be able to present bid comparison technical notes to senior managers/clients.
- To ensure Systems Integration contractor is focused on deliverables in order to support project milestones on time and on budget and to the correct technical standard.
- To ensure technical risks of projects are identified clearly and communicated to the project manager and other stakeholders.
- To review technical blockers and liaise with all stakeholders on projects to consolidate technical solutions from technical expertise to remove blockers
- To review project migration and commissioning plans and ensure the delivery schedule contains the necessary activities and sequence of execution to optimise delivery of project.
- To review the proposed technical solutions and ensure compliance with the customer specification.
- To maintain record for all technical issues and implemented solutions during the project software delivery cycle to support Lessons Learned.
- Understanding of process safety, fault analysis and reliability assessments using recognised techniques such as FMEA, FTA, LOPA, HAZID and HAZOP.
- To contribute to project reviews with technical inputs and strategies
- Support a standard product methodology mindset, seek opportunities to re-use solutions, improve quality and reliability whilst reducing the delivery timeline and associated cost.
- Take a leading role in development of Commissioning plans and HAZCOMM meetings.
- To identify issues early and escalate to the project manager to agree mitigation measures.
- Engagement with Customer Commissioning Liaison Engineering team.
- Knowledge and understanding on application of electrical standards including, IEC 12207, IEC 15288, IEC 25010, IEC 27032, ISO 14121, IEC 60079, IEC 61508, IEC 61511
- Experienced in technical leadership
- Commercial contract awareness
- Health and Safety
If this is of interest then please click 'apply now' or contact Joe Pelter at Vantage Consulting.