4 days ago
30K - 40K
Job Reference: BBBH36891_1590143004
£30K - £40K
A leading manufacturer of electrolyser systems are looking for an Instrumentation Engineer to join them due to rapid growth. Working within the Project Team, the successful candidate shall be a degree qualified Engineer either holding or be actively working towards Chartered status. She/he shall report directly to the Lead EC&I Engineer.
The role shall encompass the following activities:
- Creating and reviewing technical documentation as required (e.g. Data sheets, specifications, supplier documentation requirements…) for instrumentation such as sensors, transmitters, indicators, gauges, transducers and detectors for various measurement applications.
- Being responsible and accountable for the correct specification of instrumentation including calibration and certification requirements. Ensure that ITM requirements are specified and met without creating requirements around a specific OEM instrument.
- Setting up, developing and maintaining an instrumentation database.
- Ensuring the correct information is uploaded to and maintained within Factory Master.
- Working with the process and mechanical teams to ensure fitness for purpose of the instrumentation with regard to process criteria and mechanical interfaces.
- Working with the procurement department in identifying and managing suppliers as appropriate.
- Participating in design review, HAZOP and LOPA.
- Becoming within 12 months of appointment the company technical authority and point of contact for instrumentation.
The Instrument Engineer shall have the following or be willing to learn:
- Knowledge of the ATEX Directives and other legislation related to explosive atmospheres.