Application Engineer/Control System Engineer
£35K - £40K + Bonus
A company who provide IT solutions for industrial manufacturing organisations is looking for a Control System Engineer to join there business. Providing there service to major names within the UK industry across a variation of sector such as Automotive, Aerospace, Pharmaceutical and Food and Beverage.
- Site surveys/audits, requirements gathering, PLC, HMI and SCADA software developments, testing and commissioning.
- Preparation functions/technical software design specifications, test (FAT/SAT) specifications as per industry standards.
- Factory acceptance testing of PLC, HMI and SCADA perspective or process logic (bench testing) at office.
- Commissioning of PLC, HMI and SCADA software at clients sites.
- Technical support to clients over the phone or in person
- Ensure allocated work scopes are produced within budget and timescales and estimated efforts
- Monitor allocated work scopes and report current status to Manager/Lead Engineer
- Record requested changes, record deviation from design, raise early warning for any anticipated risk on projects
- Assist the Manager/Lead Engineer with estimates of effort and best technical solution
- Identifying processes and patterns of work areas and recommending procedures to improve standardisation and consistency or approach to Manager/Lead Engineer
- Monitoring trend and new products in the marketplace, which could benefit the company and recommending to the Manager/Lead Engineer.
- In addition to the duties listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by his/her Manager/Lead Engineer from time to time.
- Degree or HNC/HND with relevant proven ability
- Proven ability with development and programming of Siemens PLC and SCADA systems (experience on Rockwell technology will be an added advantage).
- Demonstrable relevant Control System Software Engineering ability within industrial domains
- Ability to Carry out elements of Software design within Control Systems
- Care, Driving Licence and respective necessary documents.
Company expenses shall be paid for all business and travel with a potential for a company care/car allowance.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be considered for this position, please contact Lauren Ballard at Vantage Consulting on 01785 875 239 or email